Payroll Clerk | 35 h - 2 days telecommuting
Our client's mission is to process payroll and manage work accident files for the marine industry, serving all of Eastern Canada. The organization's 30 member companies operate stevedoring companies in various ports in Quebec, Ontario and the Maritime provinces. It processes payroll of approximately 3,450 employees annually, following the requirements of more than 20 separate collective agreements.
The position to be filled is in support of the payroll team. The candidate will be called upon to evolve in his functions and will have the chance to progress within the organization which will ensure to perfect his knowledge in payroll via the Canadian Payroll Association.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Clerk will be responsible for entering data into the SAP payroll system.
- Competitive salary conditions
- Annual bonus
- Full range of benefits
- Pension plan
- 3 weeks vacation
- Possibility of telecommuting 2 days a week
- Free parking
- Nice working environment, near Victoria bridge
- Pleasant working climate and team spirit +++
- Enter timesheet data into the SAP system
- Print salary checks and payment advices
- Carry out direct mailing (enveloping pay slips and so on ...)
- Carry out employment records
- Update various files in the payroll system
- Contact companies if necessary to validate certain information
- Distribute payroll on a weekly basis
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Take over telephone reception
- Make stationery purchases
- Ideally one year experience entering timesheets in a payroll department - candidates with no payroll experience will also be considered
- Certificate of college studies in administration or equivalent
- Oral bilingualism (French / English)
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of the SAP payroll system (an asset)
- Good customer service skills
Permanent full-time position, 35 hrs / week
Starting as soon as possible.