Payroll Coordinator * FILLED *
Our client is the North American leader in the automobile paints distribution. It is present in all Canadian provinces, United States and United Kingdom. At its head office located in Boucherville, the payroll team, made up of 4 employees, manages the payroll of some 1,400 employees based in Canada, some of whom are unionized. The payroll solution used is Ultimate software (UKG) but the company is in the process of implementing Workday.
If you want to join a dynamic payroll team and like challenges, this position is the one for you!
Employment privileges :
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance (medical, dental, life and disability)
- Pension plan with employer participation
- Telecommuting in hybrid mode (Actually 100% telecommuting)
- Flexible working schedule
- Employee Assistance Program.
Main Responsibilities :
- Perform activities related to Canadian payroll production within the required timeframes, in accordance with tax rules as well as company policies and procedures
- Prepare transaction import files for time and group insurance
- Be able to calculate vacation departures, and retroactive salary
- Enter data for support payments and garnishments
- Reconcile payroll records and resolve discrepancies by working with the Finance department as needed
- Balance and prepare payments to different suppliers
- Produce various monthly reports
- Respond to different requests from internal and external customers
- Participate in year-end payroll activities
- Participate in the integration, testing and implementation of improvements, interface and fiscal updates of the payroll system
- Participate in various projects as needed.
Required profile :
- College diploma in administration or accounting, or equivalent education
- Minimum of three years experience in a similar position
- Experience with major payroll software, knowledge of Ultipro and / or Workday (an asset)
- Payroll experience in different provinces of Canada (an asset)
- Good knowledge of payroll rules and collective agreement processing
- ACP member (an asset)
- Bilingualism French and English (both oral and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
- Demonstrates good judgment
- Ability to manage priorities
- Good team spirit
- Sense of analysis and flexibility in dealing with complex situations
- Ability to exercise responsibilities with a minimum of supervision.
Permanent and full time position (40h/weekly)